Thursday, January 7, 2010

Better than a song and dance for CHRISTMAS!!!

Well, We survived the HOLIDAYS!!! I guess it's time to update the blog. Christmas was great! Many of you know that my family has a Christmas tradition that is like no other. We draw names like most families. Then, we have to MAKE each other gifts without spending any money. This year I really lucked out. My wonderful husband drew my name. He gave me the best gift ever. First, he sang me a solo in front of the WHOLE fam. Just a side note, Joe doesn't sing. However, there is one song that he has sung over the past six years that he knows I absolutely love him to sing. Mainly because he sings it completely wrong, yet it always makes me smile and warms my heart. It is "You are my Sunshine". He was so nervous!!! His voice was shaking and cracking. He sang the first verse like it is written and then he changed the second verse for me. This is how it went;
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine,
You make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know dear, How much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away.
(JOE's verse)
Oh, I see heaven In your Brown eyes girl
You make me happy in every way
I'm only singing here, because I love you
Oh, Please don't take my sunshine away.
You had to be there to understand why, but I just started crying and laughing at the same time, which made him start to cry, which means his voice was shaking and cracking even more!!! It was the sweetest gift I've ever recived. After he finished his solo, he proceeded to pull out the rest of his gift to me.
He drew me a picture of the Ogden Temple using chalk. I have wanted a picture of the temple for the last six years because we were married there. The pictures here don't do it justice. It is beautiful. I can't wait to find a home were I can frame and hang this treasured picture.
He is Truely the BEST!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. He is so sweet. THat picture is amazing. He is very talented. So happy to see an update.

    ReplyDelete